Does anyone want to have a UK TB test guide for UK visa applicants? In relation to your visa application, an applicant who wishes to stay in the UK for more than six (6) months must undergo a UK TB Test in an affiliated clinic. Please be guided that UK Visas and Immigration will not accept a tuberculosis certificate from any clinic not approved by the Home Office.
The approved clinic in the Philippines for UK TB Test is the IOM (International Organisation for Migration Health Centre) in Metro Manila. As for me who based in Cebu, flying to Manila is quite costly for this one purpose alone considering my time and the expenses to get there but that’s just how to do it.
How to Attend
To attend the TB test in Manila Health Centre for UK applicants, you need to book an appointment to IOM and clearly state that what you need is a test for a UK Visa application. You may contact them at the information below. I remember I shoot them an email to book me an appointment which they promptly replied to me on the same day for the confirmation. Awesome, I flew on the next day as per my preferred schedule. You need to provide the information below in your email when you request for an appointment and be reminded that the registration period is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM only and office hours are from Mondays until Fridays, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
15th Floor, Units A and B Trafalgar Plaza
105 H.V. Dela Costa Street
Makati City 1227
Tel: (632) 883-9339 or (632) 511-8771
Mob: (917) 593-4688 (globe operator) or (919) 993-4667 (smart operator)
Fax: (632) 883-9377
3 Ways to Book an Appointment
- Send SMS
- Globe: 0917-5934688
- Smart: 0919-9334667
- Email them
Requirements to bring on the day of Exam
- Current valid Passport
- Any of 2 proof government-issued photo ID (one will be surrendered to the Ground Floor security upon entry and one will be presented at the clinic)
- Voter’s ID
- PRC ID
- Driver’s License
- SSS ID
- TIN ID
- Philhealth ID
- Postal ID
- NBI clearance
- 1 Photocopy of passport and ID
NOTE: If you have TB in the past or other lung related disease, you should provide details of your previous screening and your medical records/notes as well as X-ray results if possible. If you are pregnant, you will have to secure a clearance from your doctor/Ob-Gyne to know if you are allowed or not to perform the exam. If you are allowed to do so, as per IOM, they have an extra shield to put in your body for protection. Otherwise, they will conduct a sputum test which requires you to return to the IOM center for three (3) consecutive mornings.
Payment is to be done at the cashier’s booth on the left side at a real-time. Therefore, no advanced payment is to be accepted. Please contact the clinic and refer to their cancellation policy if you wish to cancel your appointment.
Mode of Payment: Cash Only
- 11 years old and above – Php 3,200.00
- 10 years old and below – Php 500.00
When I went there, they posted a noticed outside their clinic about the adjustment of their medical fees effective 1st of September 2015. For more info, do refer to the image below as I took a picture of it.
I woke up early about 3:00 o’clock in the morning to prepare myself for my appointment then soon after head off to the airport. I need to be the in the Health center before 8:00 in the morning.
I arrived at Manila airport past 6:00 in the morning and started heading off to the IOM Office. Somehow I found the place with the help of the taxi driver and managed to get in the building and log-in to the guard’s lobby at the ground floor. The lift is not available until 8:00 AM so I waited patiently and didn’t leave the building so I can get in the queue/line first.
Their clinic is pretty clean and obviously peaceful as I was one of the few clients who arrived very early. The clinic does not only cater UK clients but as well as Canada and on the left side is where the TB test for clients bound to the UK. The process was fine and smooth. I got a bit bored and pretty sleepy until my number was called after waited for half an hour or so, perhaps.
As far as I can remember, there were five (5) procedures you have to undergo for you to complete your appointment.
- You will be advised to wait for your priority number to be called in the counter section. Once you are called, the staff will gather your documents, had it encoded in their system and conduct a few information from you for verification purposes. Then afterward, they will take a picture of you with their web camera in their workstation.
- You will have to pay the corresponding fee to the cashier booth once you have been told to do so.
- You will be advised to sit near to the doctor’s waiting area and wait for your name to be called. The doctor will conduct a medical interview regarding TB or your current or previous illnesses. The doctor may carry out a physical examination when necessary.
- Once again, you will be advised to sit on the settee near to the X-ray room to perform the exam. Wait for your name to be called by the technician or radiologist. I would suggest you remove any metal accessories in your body while waiting for your name to be mentioned for less hassle. They are quiet in a hurry most of the time due to many clients they need to attend to.
- You will be advised to wait for your name to be called for the result once you have successfully performed the X-Ray imaging. I wait for my result in their clinic as I was too lazy to go outside and besides their sofa is quite comfortable. In fact, I feel like sleeping there if only there were no loads of people around there. I got my result after two hours or so and turns out to be normal. Thank goodness.
If the outcome of your exam conducted by the doctor shows that you don’t have TB, you can get your UKTB certificate within 2 to 3 hours of your appointment. The certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of your medical exam. This is the certificate that you need to include in your UK visa application. I have no idea what you need to do further if the result of your exam is not favorable. However, I believe they will not give you a certificate until you are all cleared. So they may further instruct you to complete the treatment and re-apply.
On the day of your exam, it would be best to wear light clothing where you feel comfortable and travel light. That was the lesson for me. I hope I have helped you about on how to get a UK TB Test for your visa application. Good Luck and ’till then.